CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

9/02/2007

Squeezing all we can out of this summer...

September is still summer in Chicago. Who knew?!

Yesterday, disc0 and I realized that we need to get out in the beautiful weather (it was in the 70's all day) so we got on the bus and headed to the miniature golf course in Lincoln Park at the Diversey Driving Range. It is a shady little course, and very difficult, seemingly geared more towards actual golfers than people like me (there are no clowns, windmills, giraffes, etc.) It was a nice relaxing way to soak up the beautiful afternoon, even though I was like 20 above par. We decided to walk along the lake front, and even checked out the Belmont Harbor Dog Beach, where we watched the puppies frolic in the lake for a while.

Then last night we had a great dinner at Radhuni
and headed to IO to give their musical improv show another chance. And I won't say anything else about that. Luckily, Baby Wants Candy is still around...

Today we decided to check out the Brookfield Zoo. Now I must admit that I am very partial to the Lincoln Park Zoo, which is (a)free (b) walking distance and (c) in a park-like environment, with seemingly happy animals. Brookfield didn't have the first two going for it, but it did have some really impressive exhibits and habitats--the monkey and ape habitat was particularly awesome, as it is HUGE and feels very interactive (no cages, just barriers, so some of the monkeys can climb over your heads). The drive was not bad since it was a weekend, and although it was packed b/c of Labor Day and actually a bit hot, we had a really nice time. I would still recommend the Lincoln Park Zoo first, but Brookfield is definitely the best institutional zoo I've ever seen. And we got to see a dolphin show!!!!

2 comments:

Beck said...

Belmont doggie park... I've always wanted to be a dogwalker there with like 7 dogs all on the same leash. hmmmmm....

tubesy said...

Hee hee, that would be the cutest sight...actually I would love to see your there, I think they would have a blast!