CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

9/07/2007

Fancy Pants

So it turns out chicago can be super fancy as well as super fun, convenient, and friendly. You just have to leave our neighborhood. Disc0's mom is in town, and last night and today were full of glam.

Last night disc0's mom really wanted to go somewhere with delicious desserts, so we did a little research and headed to Marche. It's part of the KDK family of restaurants, which are made of fance (my noun form of fancy). We had an amazing late-ish dinner, actually just ordering appetizers instead of entrees (which were huge and delicious, and the waitstaff was very pleasantly unsnooty about it) and then had fantastic desserts (sorbet; banana bread pudding; praline pineapple cake--YUM. )

Then today we went ahead and had afternoon tea at the Drake Hotel, oh yes we did. I'm pretty sure when they said "nectar of the gods" they meant Devonshire cream. With strawberry jam. On scones. I did this with my own Mom last summer, and it was just as gilded as I remembered; the Palm Court and ESPECIALLY the Powder Room made me feel very Great Gatsby. Quite the luxurious afternoon.

So tonight we made organic deviled eggs, salad, and broiled potato chips from our farm share stuff. Simple but luxurious in a different way...

2 comments:

Phoebems said...

I love Devonshire cream!!! We are so doing this again, when I come out there...

tubesy said...

Oh we SO are!