CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

8/31/2007

*politics*

This is usually my fun blog, but sometimes there are stories that I think really need disseminatin'. Please read these.

Racists in Clarkston, GA don't want adolescent refugees to feel at home. We're talking about the rejection of people who are legal immigrants, war refugees, and children.

Teens are railroaded after standing up to appallingly racist conditions in their high school and hometown. After a fall semester of threats and violence against black students, 6 black kids are charged with 2nd degree attempted murder and conspiracy (one has already been convicted) after a fight in their high school hallway. The victim of their "attempted murder" was well enough to go out to a social event that night. ***ETA*** ABB's commentary, and links

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the postings. Now I have somewhere to direct the folks like the one who told me that racism was done in the USA.

tubesy said...

mom: yes, those folks definitely need some direction...

Beck said...

It is outrageous. Did you know that Gar and I met because of the Fugee Soccer team? He was really trying to do a documentary on the team and compare that with the xenophobic, racist legislation trying to go through Clarkston at the time... We spent two months emailing, before we ever even meant about the legislation and connections within the community... I love Fugees!

tubesy said...

Oh my gosh--I didn't make the connection about the Fugees! It's such a great story, and such an AWFUL story at the same time. That's GA for you, I guess.