CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

8/22/2007

What the French Toast?!

So being in Greece and eating all local food, and being in Europe in general where they are talking about climate change all the time (not arguing about whether it exists, mind you, but discussing ways to actually slow it down. I picked up a number of women's magazines, like I do when I'm on vacay, and in each of them the majority of articles mentioned carbon emissions, the human footprint, and ways to reduce yours. I don't read cosmo at home, but I kind of don't think it does that since there are letters to the editor in actual newspapers calling global warming junk science. The rant ends here.)

Anyway, the gist is that disc0 and I have ramped up our eco-consciousness around the house. That means less shopping (this includes clothes shopping; *cry*) and more looking at labels of the stuff we do buy. I put this into pretty good practice at NEW WHOLE FOODS IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD. That place is effing gorgeous. Literally every employee in the store says hello and how are you when you walk by. and I have never felt such low drag on a shopping cart. It's part of the new Center on Halsted, a somewhat historic LGBT community center which recently opened just up the road a piece from our place. And Home Grown Wisconsin pick-up is tonight, which means I am going to make home-made Baba Ganouj for the first time.

But despite all this health and earth conciousness, you know I am still a Chicagoan at heart. So of course the first thing I did when left to my own devices was order a D'agostino's pizza at 6:00pm last night. I've been grazing off it ever since. We will try to make Edwardo's, the all-natural joint, more of a staple, but last night I needed the sugary sweet sauce of D'ags and I GOT IT.

0 comments: