CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

8/04/2007

One more time

Today was the first day of Lollapalooza. WHOA. There are whole lists on the internet of who was there. Today we saw Polyphonic Spree, Blonde Redhead, LCD Soundsystem (this is MY NEW FAVORITE BAND, YA'LL, please check them out if you like disco-punk, disco, and/or punk, or if you just like lead singers with unstoppable voices) and Daft Punk. Daft Punk live! I loved all the shows. LCD Soundsystem was particularly cool because I was unfamiliar with them and fell in love with them at their show. Daft Punk was particularly cool because they don't do tons of live appearances, and because the light show accompanying their music was really fun to watch.

Later we went to Bucktown to a bar that featured live band rock n' roll karaoke. I will say this: I don't really like Bucktown, OK? We got turned away from a diner because they stop seating at 10 (??) We had to wait in line at a taco stand (because the cash register guy was talking to a bunch of friends while a giant line formed) listening to effing techno music. Let me explain that when I say "effing techno music" I mean Swedish remixes of Mariah Cary and Celine Dion tunes (and yes, I realize people think Celine Dion is amazing person but that doesn't mean I should have to listen to the techno versions of her songs EVER). Then after that meal we were in a bar that looks, feels, smells, and tastes like a kickass dive bar, my kinda place. But because of the trendiness of the neighborhood they charge $4 for Miller Lite (???) and have a $20 minimum on credit cards (??????) Terrible. It's kind of like dive bar Disney World for yuppies. Maybe my household is sensitive about yuppies because soon we'll look like we are them; it matters not. I will say that everyone who worked there was friendly and efficient, including the live karaoke backup band and the karaoke MC, so I still have love for Chicago people as a whole, but I also have to say that it's possible that our neighborhood rules, other neighborhoods drool.

1 comments:

Beck said...

Drop the Zero and get with the Hero... L& L Tavern, and the rest of Chicago in general.

Smooches!