CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

5/28/2008

Washing Machine on the Fritz? No Worries in Northern Illinois.

I am, right now, sitting at the World's Largest Laundromat. In case you were wondering, the World's Largest Laundromat is in Berwyn, Illinois. It is rather large. About the size of one of your larger Value Villages, for my Atlanta peops. They have many miraculous machines, including a "bill breaker." If, like me, you have a $10 bill but only need $5 in quarters: you're in luck. Go to the bill breaker, my friend, and get 2 $5s for your $10. Wonderful!

The World's Largest Laundromat uses solar power to heat its laundry water! That, and the free wi-fi, is the reason I decided to drive over to Berwyn instead of going to the combination laundromat/bar that's only about 0.5 miles from my house. Also I am more in the mood for free coffee/donuts 9:30 am, which I can get at the World's Largest Laundromat. At the laundromat/bar they offer more in the way of pub grub and beer. SUPER COOL, but in a evening-laundry kind of way.

Also, I really wanted to drive my laundry wherever I was going. I have enough to fill two triple loader machines at the World's Largest Laundromat, but I would still feel a little chumpish driving only 0.5 miles and then trying to find a parking space on Southport. Ecologically, my drive to Berwyn probably cancels out my patronage of a solar powered laundromat, but here's what you DIDN'T know: the World's Largest Laundromat also has an aviary! And I'm sitting right in front of it on what I believe is a discarded dorm couch! And one of the doves who lives in the aviary in the Worl'ds Largest Laundromat has recently had BABY DOVES and she's sitting on them right now. So you can see that my decision, ultimately, was the right one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, so another point for chicago for amenities. How could a person do any laundry any other way?

SallyBeth said...

Are baby doves cute or creepy? Or creepycute?

tubesy said...

They were mostly sitting under their mama dove. From what I could see, I'd go with fluffy/cute.