CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

5/14/2008

Hippies are hippies everywhere! Yay.

Today I went to the opening day of Chicago's Green City Market. It's a famous (?) farmer's market where you can get produce, bread, lunch, coffee, meat, and (obviously) a shitload of cheese (hi, welcome to the midwest).

Unfortunately, since today was the opening day, there wasn't all that much produce to be had. Fortunately, this seems to indicate that the GCM is true to its mission of selling local food in season. If my local farmers don't have cucumbers in season right now, that is fine and dandy and I'll wait until they do to make the cucumber-yogurt sauce to go with the falafel I've been wanting to make.*

Even though I didn't obtain all the produce on my list, I did really enjoy walking around the market. I can be sort of a bougie liberal hippie, and I used to love seeing other BLHs at the farmers markets in Charlottesville and Atlanta. Now I know where to find them in Chicago - the Green City Market. In addition to this sense of homey familiarity, I picked up a (really tasty) baguette from the Bleeding Heart Bakery tent, some delicious Wisconsin horseradish/cheddar spread, and some fresh chipotle-tomatillo salsa. I hope in later weeks to be getting more fresh fruit and veggies, but I was happy with my first foray.

In other news, I love volunteering at the DV legal services clinic. And I really love my improvisation classes. This is true even though I am not all that good at it yet, and I'm not usually a big fan of things of that nature. I'm already learning alot, and didn't realize how much I missed acting classes. Fun and challenging. Being a part-time housewife, part-time voluntorney** and part-time improv student rules.

Finally, this weekend I went to the Yahootie Wedding!!!!!! Holy shit - they got hitched. And it was the most gorgeous wedding I've ever attended. I love so many people down in the dirty dirty, and was so happy to spend time with them. And of course, Beck and Gar are two of the most wonderful people in the world, and seeing them so elated to tie the knot was just beautiful. And furthermore, I got to dress up sexy with a bunch of other sexy bridesmaids in our red shoes and fancy fishnets, and spend the day with women I love as we primped and preened and got our hair did and our makeup applied and focused on our friendships with the amazing bride and with each other. Gush!
* * * *
*This might be a lie. I might go to Whole Foods and get a cucumber this weekend. I will try to make it a domestic cucumber so as to reduce the carbon footprint of my homemade Mediterranean dinner.

**volunteer attorney

1 comments:

Beck said...

I'm back! yahootie! Awww... this is so sweet. Thank you. And grrrl, you looked hot!

I'll call you this week!