CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

5/16/2008

Candybar!

I went to the dentist today, ya'll. It has been almost two years (I know, grodie and bad, but I use my Sonicare erry day). Luckily the dentist was super cool. It's one of those new-fangled dentists where all of the dental assistants look like fashion models and there are flat screen TVs for when you need more than just your normal, run of the mill cleaning. I didn't get to watch the TV, but that's OK. Now my mouth is sore in that difficult but accomplished way that only the dentist can bring.

When I was riding the train to the dentist, a presh, young, be-faux-hawked hipster sat down across from me. After a couple minutes he said, "Excuse me!" and pointed out that we were both reading the same book. Not only that, but the same edition of that book. Gotta love the el.

The book is Audre Lorde's Zami, btw. I first read it as a snotty little college sophomore in Women's Studies 100. I didn't get it at the time. I'm enjoying it a lot, ten years later. I may start re-reading a lot of things and wish I'd taken more women studies classes when I was a little pill so that I could re-read the books now that I'm a bit less of a pill (in some ways).

The weather was amazing today: pure 70 degrees, sunny and barely breezy. The winter is so worth it for Chicago spring and summer, ya'll.

I just found out the girls night happy hour tradition my friends and I started right before I left the firm is going to be back on as of next week. That will be so nice. We usually go to Monk's Pub which is best recommended for its relaxed manner and free peanuts. Peanut process at Monk's: just shell it, eat it, and throw the shell on the floor. Easy peasy.

0 comments: