CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

3/10/2008

The Showgirl Must Go On

Getting ready for a BIG St. Patrick's weekend with our friends pinknupin and a WHOLE WEEK OF VACATION back home - yay!

There have been a few good Chicago and non-Chicago activities mixed in with all the preparations for leaving town...


  • Went to Vegas to see Bette Midler at Caeser's Palace with the extended fam!


  • Ate more delicious meals at Uncommon Ground, Fiddlehead, and Home Bistro


  • Saw the Pogues perform at the Riviera in Uptown




  • I love the music alot, but to be honest his level of intoxication went from fun n' crazy to depressing pretty fast. This video is 20 years old, and from his appearance at the concert I believe he has been ingesting only alcohol from that night until today. I guess he's living his dream.

  • We are planning to attend an amazing vegetarian Indo-Pakistani feast at Bhabi's Kitchen later this week (YUM!)



* * *

Also, I try not to be too horribly divisive on here w/r/t politics, so if you really love Hillary Clinton and also really love me, you don't have to read any further because I really love you but I do not really love Hillary Clinton.

COME ON - DON'T BE RIDICULOUS:

Just kidding, Obama's NOT cut out to be VP - unless it helps me get elected - please do not pay attention to the figure behind the curtain

Look - the level of sexism that the media and just generally the country have injected into this nomination contest is revolting. Just read a few comments to the linked article and you'll see more of the same: appalling stereotyping and ludicrous expectations of women in general and women in politics in particular.
But that doesn't mean that Hillary is a good candidate - it doesn't even mean that she is OK.

I really don't think she's OK. If she wins the nomination, I know that I am going to have to talk myself out of staying in the house on November whateveritis, and that it's going to take all of my strength and ALL of my disgust with and fear of McCain to get me to drag my beautiful buns to the polling place and vote for her. Her campaign has irritated me, aggravated me, and at times (almost every time she or Bill brought up race, and when she full on mocked the idea that Americans should have hope for a better future) infuriated me, but now I am out and out disturbed by it. It just doesn't make sense, y'all.

And not to rub it in, but I liked Obama's response to all the "dream ticket" nonsense. In fact his response seems to have triggered the incomprehensible 'counterpoint' from the Clinton campaign in my first link. Clinton and her people seem to be constantly stymied by measured and reasonable statements.

1 comments:

Sara Ashes said...

I am SO jealous that you saw the Pogues! They are on my list of will-travel-to-see. If I had known I SO would have joined you for the Chicago show!