CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2/14/2008

V-Day

I spent part of my V-day afternoon observing at the domestic violence court in Chicago. It's the only court of its kind in the country, to my knowledge - it was structured to be victim-focused, and the judge I saw was amazing and considerate. I don't want to say anything about the specifics of what I saw and heard, but suffice it to say that I was reminded of the constant stream of victims who, every day, must seek protection from the abusers who terrorize them.



Chicago Abused Women Coalition

National Domestic Violence Helpline

National Coalition Against Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Hotlines and Resources

The Mayor's Office on Domestic Violence

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Erin, your entry brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy that you are the person you are!

angela said...

erin, your mom's comments brought tears to MY eyes. i'm so happy that you have such a kickass mom.

tubesy said...

Awww, thanks...she is a kickass mom!