CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

3/14/2008

Bored at work?

I changed my whole layout - I like big stars on things. I was going to make it a blue star to match my tatt, but there's something I like about the pink. Also the blue they had was the wrong color and I don't know html, so pink it is. Yay.

That means I lost some of my links - if I you're not on my links list any more, it's cause I'm naughty by nature* not cause I hate ya. Just remind me if you don't mind!

On to the business at hand - talking about food.

I made my first trek over to Devon Ave. last night for an Indo-Pakistani feast set up by a couple of people who work where I work. We ate at Bhabi's Kitchen, and I probably can't do justice to the food with my mere, clumsy words. It was out of this world. I didn't catch the names of most of the dishes because there were 20 of us, so it was just a fixed price feast where they brought out giant bowls of food and told us "eggplant" or "chicken" or "beef with three types of lentils." It was all amazing (I didn't try the beef, because of my no beef eating thing; but I did try the sauce on the beef, because I am a charlatan, and it was delicious too). The best part (and it's hard to choose a best part) was probably the pistachio bread, topped with powdered sugar. It tasted like ungreasy funnel cake, and was absolutely divine when smothered in the savory coconut-peanut sauce in which the eggplant dish was served. The samosas were the best I've ever had, and the tamarind chutney (arguably my favorite part of many Indian meals) was just wonderful.

Bhabi's, like many of Chicago's best restaurants, is BYOB. The price was really good for the quality and amount of food.

I will be back to Bhabi's ASAP! Expect to be brought here if you like Indian food and come visit me!

*which here means ditzier than a gnat

2 comments:

Beck said...

Yay! That's my old neighborhood and it is full of delicious delights!

There is a great Thai restaurant there on the North side of the street about a block west of Sheridon. Grrrr... can't remember what it's called. And the Indian restaurants are incredible.

Three cheers for pink stars!

Sara Ashes said...

Gandhi India is my family's favorite restaurant on Devon- its just west of Western. My mom says that they're tried them all and that this is by far our favorite. :)