CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

6/13/2007

WINDY CITY SWEETS

Hold on: have I not talked about Windy City Sweets yet on this blog?! Inconceivable.

This is possibly my favorite place in Chicago and walkable from my doorstep. It is a giant, old-fashioned style candy store and ice cream parlor in the heart of Boystown. They have a wall of bin candy up to the ceiling. They have delicious freshly made fudge. They have every old candy you could hope to imagine (the Squirrel Nut Zippers aren't even slightly difficult to find--they are right there in front of you).

The ice cream is delicious. The ice cream scooper guys are friendly and adorable. There are always people walking their dogs past the big windows. You can go there after you get a little tipsy on BYOB wine next door at Ping Pong, and get a huge bag of candy and an ice cream cup or cone or a milkshake, because they are open every night until 11:00.

Speaking of which: every other restaurant here is BYOB, with no (or minimal) corkage fees. It's pretty awesome.

3 comments:

Beck said...

I miss Chicago more and more everytime I read your blog. I of course miss the idea of Chicago with you in it like I didn't know I could.

By the way-- you are getting good at becoming Midwestern-- eating for entertainment. Remember, everybody loves a midwestern girl.

tubesy said...

It's true--there are so many things that make me feel at home here, and eating for entertainment is HIGH on the list!

Miss you too and so does Chicago!

Phoebems said...

I love that you qualified your bathroom friends as "temporary"...