CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

6/11/2007

All These Things That I've Done

I was traumatized when I realized yesterday that Mika is playing the Metro tonight--and the show is very sold out, with tickets scalping at 3-5 times face value. But it still makes me kind of happy, just because great musical artists are playing here ALL the time, in my neighborhood, and not in some fugly space age looking bore-itorium that ruined the view from the downtown mall in Charlottesville. No, they are playing at legitimate rock clubs and other interesting venues. I mean, last year we literally saw Radiohead playing at a college auditorium. What?! I love it. I just have to get in on the ground floor from now on, which is why I got on some music venue email lists yesterday.

Speaking of music scene, I have discovered nearby live band karaoke, and we've got a group together for this week. I'm super excited because I've never done that before. I hope I don't chicken out when the time comes to sing with a real band.

I've also discovered that Carol's Pub, a country music joint in Uptown, has country karaoke. And as some of you may now I have been known to get down with Tammy Wynette at Queereokes past. It looks promising--and I've always wanted to check the place out. I'm no music snob (I love the Lipgloss song too much and I have tickets to see Kelly Clarkson and I just don't pay enough attention) but I am all about a place that eschews New Country for Johnny Cash, George Jones, and Loretta Lynn.

We (everyone in my household and countless other post-3Ls across the country) are trying to squeeze all the fun out of June without getting too terribly behind, because July is when the no-fun really begins. So hopefully I will have more to report in coming days about this kick ass city!

PS, the chocolate smell was in full effect on the commute home today. YUM.

BACK TO EVIDENCE

1 comments:

Beck said...

The Metro?!?!?!?!!! I love the Metro. I think it is my favorite place to see music of all time. Best show I ever saw there? Wilco and the Jayhawks. Yum!