CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

6/07/2007

Great things about Chicago #1


Since this blog is named after Chicago, I should mention one of my favorite things about this city. It smells like chocolate in random places all the time. because of the Blommer Chocolate Company. I hear rumors that the smell may be going away because of environmental regulation gone awry (I am a super "liberal blogger" and you probably won't hear that phrase from me ever again, but seriously CHOCOLATE SMELL): the EPA is enforcing emission opacity regulations against the chocolate factory that they don't enforce against freaking coal plants.

If it really does cause respiratory problems, then I guess something has got to be done...but I agree with the environmentalist quoted here http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/11/25/backpage/112405194356.txt
who says this is like the EPA "crushing an ant when there's a pack of wolves around, and then claiming you've saved people from harm." I blame the Bush Administration! (liberal blogger credentials--intact?)

The moral of the story? Come visit Chicago before the chocolate smell is gone, because it is heavenly while commuting or on a stroll around the loop.

0 comments: