CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

10/21/2007

It's just Carol


After some time last night at Trader Todd's and the L&L (yay, double yay) I finally made it to Carol's Pub!!! It's one of my new favorite places.

It's neighborhood-y, but people come from all over the city to hear the awesome, old-school country band play until 5:00 am. It has a reputation (among those who I now know as morons) for being one of those places where you only go because you don't know any better and nothing good comes of it. But I have to tell you that I have a little bit of a cold, so I was pretty much stone sober and had a fantastic time. Eclectic crowd (biggest range of ages and style of dress I've ever seen in a bar in Chicaog, and that is saying something), seasoned and loyal staff, and great music played live...really, how can that be bad? This was one of the few times since moving here that I've felt a little nostalgic about the culture in the southern regions of the country. Carol's reminds me a lot of the Northside Tavern, where my Boodles used to be the Front Door Woman. Old country instead of blues, but a very similar atmosphere. Also, at times there were women slow-dancing with each other on the floor at Carol's, which you don't see as much in the ATL, and endeared me even more to the place. I will become a regular if I can...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great place. Good find!

Beck said...

Awwwww... the life and times of a dive-bar door-girl.... Sounds like a good blog. If only I still had the gig!

I have never been to Carol's and I totally would like to go there with you soon!

Sara Ashes said...

i have Chicago friends who play at Carol's! I got to go there last December and a had a semi-memorable night (only semi cuz of the booze, ya know!)